Sauquoit Valley senior Allison Moreau scored a season-high 41 points in a 63-51 win over Poland in a nonleague girls basketball game Monday night at Sauquoit Valley High School.
Moreau became the 10th girl in Section III history to eclipse 2,000 career points on Friday, but improved her to career total to 2,053 on Monday, surpassing Chrystal Starling (Nottingham, 1993-98) for fifth all-time in the section.
Moreau, who is averaging over 28 points this season, did a little bit of everything to move into the top five. She made 13 field goals — which included three 3-pointers — and 12 free throws. She also grabbed 11 rebounds, had five assists, three blocks and seven steals.
Jayna Inglis had seven points and eight rebounds while Abby Stanimer also scored seven for a Sauquoit Valley team (2-2 Center State Conference Division III, 8-3 overall) that has won three straight and four of its last five.
Poland had three players score in double figures. Jennifer Sergott led the Tornadoes (4-0 CSC Division IV, 4-6 overall) with 13, Heather Artz had 12 and Tayler Clark netted 10.
• Madilyne Kupris had 29 point, 10 rebounds and seven steals in Brookfield's 67-22 win over Stockbridge Valley. Jaelyn Vleer-Elliott had a stat line of 15 points, 12 rebounds, six assists, four blocks and six steals as the Beavers improved to 9-1 overall. Hannah Greene led Stockbridge (3-7) with eight points.
• Kayla Usborne's 19 points and 12 rebounds helped Madison defeat McGraw 45-24. Maryellen Coleman added nine points and 17 rebounds as the Blue Devils improved to 6-1 in Central Counties League play and 11-1 overall.
• Haedyn Roberts and Anna Healey each scored 14 points in Holland Patent's 50-38 win over Waterville. The Golden Knights improved to 6-6 overall after defeating Waterville (7-4) for the first time in three meetings this year. Molly Williams led Waterville with 18 points while Anna Beach added 11.
• Herkimer edged Sherburne-Earlville 43-42 in a nonleague contest behind a 19-point performance by Alana Ferri, improving to 6-6 overall. Tessa Cole scored a game-high 20 for Sherburne (7-5).
• Jordyn Conte's 22 points improved West Canada Valley to 6-5 overall after a 47-28 win over Oriskany. Matteson Hoehn led Oriskany (2-8) with nine points.
Logan Copperwheat scored a game-high 19 points as New York Mills defeated Remsen 64-56. Alex Matrassi and Dante Diorio each added 14 as the Marauders improved to 4-1 in CSC Division IV and 7-3 overall. Hunter Jones led the Rams (4-2, 5-4) with 15 points.
• Josh Wilcox scored 14 points as Clinton improved to 3-8 overall after a 50-23 win over Camden.
New Hartford improved to 11-0 overall with a 3-0 win over Camden. Marie Winn had 32 assists as Chloe Elsenbeck and Madison Desmarais had 12 and nine kills, respectively.
• Mount Markham improved to 9-0 overall after a 3-0 win over Remsen. Morgan Stubley had 11 assists while Stephanie Burke added nine kills for the Mustangs. Madelyn McCormack had four kills for the Rams (3-7 overall).
• Kinsey Randall had 13 assists in Dolgeville's 3-0 win over Owen D. Young. Randall added eight aces, six digs and four kills in the win, while Rylee Lamphere had 10 assists and Jazz Grassel had seven kills for the Blue Devils (9-2 overall). Lalaina Hula paced ODY with five assists.
Kaitlynn Conte shot 220-580 as Thomas R. Proctor improved to 6-2 with an 11-0 win over New Hartford. Tori Jones shot a 169-460 for the Spartans (1-7).
• Camden defeated Vernon-Verona-Sherrill 8-3. Amber Watkins bowled a 268-527, Erin Bourgeois shot a 247-630 and Maryssa Parker rolled a 212-567 in the win. Mackenzie O'Herien led VVS with a 233-660.