UTICA -- Incumbent Don Dawes is running for re-election to the Utica City School Board.
During his tenure on the board, he has, according to a release announcing his candidacy, supported and worked toward:
• Student achievement, including the graduation rate.
• Improving health and safety initiatives as chair of the health and safety/building and grounds committees.
• Fiscally responsible budgets without tax increases.
• Fiscal oversight of the district’s $187 million capital project that remains under budget.
• Strengthening athletic and physical education programs as chair of the physical education and athletics committee.
Anthony LaPolla, Joseph Hobika, Jr., Briana Moriarty and Hanka Grabovica has also announced their candidacies for the school board. The election is on Tuesday, May 15.