DOLGEVILLE — A fire that left a residence uninhabitable 18 months ago has become a public health nuisance, according to the Dolgeville village board.

The board of trustees recently approved a resolution requiring the owner of 3 Baker St. to appear before the board to discuss the state of the property.

According to minutes from an Aug. 15 board meeting, resident Joanne D’Auria submitted photos of 3 Baker St. for the village Board of Health to review.

"The property has mold, feral cats, skunks, raccoons. People are going in and starting to dump items on property," the minutes state.

The minutes state the boarding on the building had been removed, but the village Department of Public Works would secure the building the following day.

The minutes also state village Code Enforcement Officer Barry Vickers has "continually advised the board" since July 21, 2015 that attempts had been made to contact the owner, Jeff Hodges, who currently resides in Connecticut, about attempting to secure a voluntary clearing of the burned and other debris on the premises.

The property has become a "public health nuisance" due to foul odor, blowing debris, rodent infestation and danger of further collapse, according to the resolution. It could also be an attractive nuisance for entry by small children and is a continuing eyesore, the resolution states.

The resolution states there will be a hearing at 6:05 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 19, during a village board meeting to let Hodges and/or Fence Lake Properties, LLC or any other principal for either party to discuss clearing the property of all burned and other debris. This, according to the resolution, is in accordance to public health law and sanitary code.

The resolution unanimously passed at the Aug. 15 meeting was posted on the structure still standing at the property.